In 2011 a business venture between Bruce and his friends failed and resulted in litigation. When a former disgraced business associate who leveled a lawsuit against Bruce and his business associates makes bold claims about Bruce’s murder, everyone takes pause.
Episode Source Material
- The Advocate via NOLA.com: Texas Man Admits Telling Lies About Colleagues at GDH Internation in St. Tammany Parish Court Guilty Plea on Racketeering, Issuing Worthless Checks Charges by Sara Pagones. June 4, 2015
- The Times-Picayune via NOLA.com: Texas Man Pleads Guilty to Financial Crimes, Slandering St. Tammany Businessmen and Officials by James Varney. June 4, 2015
- WDSU News: Former St. Tammany District Attorney Walter Reed Released from Prison by Staff. August 21, 2020
- WDSU News: Federal Judge Decides Walter Reed Cannot Get Early Prison Release for Health Reason by Chris Slaughter. June 3, 2020
- The Times-Picayune via NOLA.com: Former DA Walter Reed Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison, Much Less Than Expected by staff. April 5, 2017
- NOLA.COM: Daniel Abel, skilled but fallen plaintiff’s lawyer dies at 74 by Ramon Antonio-Vargas. February 23, 2021